Tuesday 29 March 2011

A Drama queen day!

I don't know about you but the older my kids get the more time seems to fly. I can't believe that Christopher's first year at school is nearly over and the twins are well over 8.Today I was trying to tidy - translate that as moving stuff from one room to another. I found these. A wee dress of Ems and Christopher's nite wrap.

It leaves me feeling..well a bit sad.I love them at the age they are, the chatter and the fun... but a baby.. thats something different. It means you have it all in front of you. Oh, I know its silly, I'm being a drama queen and I need serious editing! But it reminds me of the story I read (I think it was one of Deborah Jackson's books)  when your mum encourages you to ride a bike and then cries when you've done it because she's so so proud but thats the start of moving away from her. Now I get it. In spades. So I keep them close when they are with me, to cherish those little moments. Hopefully, its those moments of security, of peace and love that they will carry with them, when they need their "magic box of moments".

We all painted this afternoon. I love ( and generally have no problem) unleashing my inner child! So I'm not going to tell you which one is mine! Andrew decided to do a self portrait too including his newly wonky teeth!



Childish - oh yes. A bit creatively silly, oh yes. Give me more. Lots more.

No comments:

Post a Comment