Saturday 12 March 2011

Those wonderful weekend hours

First thing on Saturday we're up early to take Ems to her drama and dance class. Tap, theatre dance and drama enchant her for an hour and half every Saturday morning. Not lying in means more time to enjoy the rest of the day and do the stuff that we really enjoy doing. Papa works on Saturdays so he leaves really early and we don't see him until near midnight.
Note the sweetie snuck behind mumo's back into the bag and obviously devoured during class!

Saturday stretches out long ahead for the four of us. What utter bliss, to take it slow on this cold March day.... maybe I'll knit.

I finished a simple, sweet little tea cosy in cheerful cherry red with a pale pink trim last week for my gorgeous spotted and much prized Emma Bridgewater teapot.I looked at fairisle patterns, self striped wool and the house one in Kirstie Alley's book but sometimes simple is perfect. There's no need to adorn. Here it is...
 My knitting is a bit of a work in progress. I really enjoy the click clack of the needles, the sound and rythmn really take my mind off whatever stresses and strains are whirling around. But I am a novice and like small fast projects better.
My mother in law is a tremendous knitter and gave me some of her and her mothers vintage needles. I was overwhelemed by her gesture - I am knitting tea cosies on the very same needles that knit my childrens little cardigans and sweaters 8 years ago, those very same needles that knit my husband's baby hats and booties over 40 years ago and probably those same needles knit my MIL's socks and scarves when she was little. What a joy! To have roots, to have family and to sustain your family with the creativity from your hands, knitting love and happiness into each stitch.

So on that note, I think we'll curl up on the sofa, me with a full pot of coffee from my favourite pink vintage pot


and maybe just maybe I'll use this divine rasberry thrifted wool










to start this lovely beret that I found in my library book by Jenny Lord.


I think the rasberry is perfect for a little head and then maybe later on I'll knit one for a bigger head!!

And as it's saturday and we're all feeling lazy and in need of some comfort - the kids can watch one of their favourite movies. Full of pirates (of course!!!) and needs full dress up, we can go from this cosy sight
to this in a few moments....

Why  it's Captain Hook of course!!

Peace to you all. Have a wonderful day.
What are you all up to this weekend? What's being created or completed? Write a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment