Sunday 27 March 2011

It started well.....


 
and thats really all I can say.I should have known. We had a promising start. Saturday morning dawned bright and sunny and after an early night on Friday so were we.

Breakfast started with something I love to make -  Homemade Yoghurt - its so so easy, I can't think why I didn't do it before this year.If you  haven't made it before please give it a go. I promise you will be a convert. Except  for some simple temp taking at the beginning, a thermos does most of the work for you and the taste is fab. Not to mention being half of the price of any good organic yoghurt - so a win on all sides in my view. I can recommened the River cottage recipe - this is an all round great book

Pity you can't see the yoghurt too well but aren't the bowls gorgeous. They're a mint coloured Pyrex design and they arrived yesterday. Breakfast out of these is one way to cheer up my day.


Anyway, we got home from the library and dance sessions and I was feeling relaxed enough to say "Let's sort out the Lego". Ho ho ho, wrong idea!  That would be the 17 lego sets, huge sets of everything, that the kiddos decided to mix into one huge lego mountain. Andrew , the lego king, had  omitted to tell me that in all the sets he had managed to lose lots of the pieces (how do you do that! I reckon they are somewhere with all the missing socks!). 24 hrs later the pile has yes, well , diminished somewhat. But we are all left feeling exhausted with sore hands and sore eyes.at least parts of the carpet were visible but in this pic is still only a tiny portion of what was on the table.

This is some of the lego rebuilt and repacked in boxes, the rest went into coloured boxes for imaginative play.

To reconnect with each other we decided that today we would enjoy time outdoors. Bliss! there's nothing like getting outside and smelling spring, holding hands with the kids and collecting sticks to put us all back in a good mood. I am such an advocate of getting out as a family, time out of the house and  in nature is where we should be - its what we were created for. And an amazing thing happened. Look at my feet - for the first time since, oh let me see, OCTOBER,  I have taken off my Emus for at least part of the day.
No spring attire for the wee man though! he's taking no chances with hat, gloves and wellies.

Look ! the sun has even made shadows! Its been such a long winter...



I've kept the best for last... what a sight, daddy and daughter in a world of their own. Thats good enough for me.

What was good about your weekend? Post a comment and let me know.

Peace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment