Monday 2 May 2011

May day weekend

Its the Mayday weekend here in Ireland and to be honest , we've avoided all the big commercial celebrations instead opting for some homespun entertainment.Over the years i've become more of a homebody, the kids prefer it when we are relaxed  being in the garden or kitchen is perfect.There's too much hurrying about in general, too much pressure to create enjoyment for everyone so when kids are off school they relax and rest.When I hear the words "I'm bored, mum"I know it means the transition between imposed school structure and the kids finding their own level of activity. I tend not to worry but let them find their own way.  There is a kind of a rythmn to our day when we are all off, that of course, normally translates into bouncing morning, noon and night on the trampoline, playing football, dressing up, drawing, reading, painting, doing their chores and eating (lots!).... relaxation, huh?

But in between all that we've been to parties and playdates, cooked and baked and danced and of course ate loads of ice-cream.

For me - lots of jumpers to unpick and new plants for my baskets

Pasta with  pepper, wild garlic and nettle soffrito. Mostly foraged and declared the BEST pasta ever and for me at less than £1 for 4 portions definitely the cheapest.

Ready to party - his style and love of clothes knows no bounds

No comments:

Post a Comment