Tuesday 31 May 2011

Hello again !

Thank you for your patience folks. Ahh, reunited with my netbook at last. After major tech issues with my computer all weekend I am back up and running. I went to the library on Saturady morning to post from there but it was full of students on screens so I gave up.

Despite my internet issues we had a really good and busy time over the May holiday. There was of course lots of friends (for both Mumo and kiddos), family and food involved as usual. The kids and I made pizza, pesto, salad, chilli and coriander chicken on saturday morning for all the girls coming on Saturday afternoon.
 There is nothing like your female friends all gathered in the one spot to make a day feel special, so by the time the evening came I was talked out. We watched this on DVD and we all loved it and of course we would, the amazing set was built and all was filmed  in my home town!
I watched as Andrew was enthralled for the very first time at the beauty of music. The classical soundtrack has touched his soul - my ever practical, mathematical son has played the music on YouTube many times since the weekend. What a joy for me to see and what a privilege - the power of music.


I don't know about anyone else but my kids love family tournaments. It can be anything from chess to cluedo but this weekend the tournament was a simple memory game- of course no one wins or loses but there are huge cheers and much stamping of feet all round. Currently I am the loser much to everyone's delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment