Tuesday 10 May 2011

Nourishment

I think if I had to take a photo that summed up my philosophy to life, this would be the picture I would choose.
The  vase with foraged flowers, my breadmaker and the ingredients behind the vase for homemade flapjacks. All are ingredients that believe it or not  nourish my soul in so many ways. Not just in the cheerful pattern of the 70's pottery but also the reusing of someone else's old junk that teaches the kids that in a world of  pound shops sometimes reusing is often better than "new". Second chances are and should be possible in our human relationships too.
Baking bread and healthy snacks are of course symbols of the nourishing that I can give my 3 little treasures-  good food that will not only sustain their bodies but those choices combine in an all over parenting style that will hopefully help them to build a real sense of self and the confidence that can stem from senstivity and empathy with others and the natural and human world around us.
  And so to the flowers - picked with love, because i love flowers,  on a country walk with dad and carried oh so carefully home to an exhausted  mumo. Produced with a flourish and an abundance of sheer joy.Their love and purpose - nourishment to my soul. Its often the little moments that are the most thoughtful and deliberate. I am indeed blessed and nourished.

No comments:

Post a Comment