Wednesday 4 May 2011

Time

I've been thinking a lot recently about the passage of time. I seem to use all the word "time" all the time, as in, time for tea, time for bed, time for school, time for drama, time to tidy-up .. you get the picture. Turning 40 in December past has shifted my perception of time and I feel the sheer weight of its passing and all we seem to have woven into our lives. It seems like only yesterday when we brought the twin car seats home from the hospital and I honestly thought then that I had all the time in the world. But, as those with children of school age know - you blink and the kids have moved out of  the babysling and onto a skateboard. Oh, how I would love to slow time down or even just pause and savour us as we are right now. Because todays moments will be tomorrows memories. So for me, its about reminding myself to make the ordinary days count. Today was an ordinary day, certainly a day that was not without challenges both big and small and I am sad to say that none of us rose to the occasion. So after tea, despite it being a school night and time for bed, a tired and cranky mummy and 3 tired cranky kiddos headed off to the park. With coffee, the football and a good book. I watched an ordinary little scene of 3 children playing footbal lin the semi darkness of a spring night and was grateful for a little extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment