Tuesday 26 April 2011

Beach school!!!

I totally agree with Richard Louv who wrote this.  I know that as a family we are more grounded, more relaxed and more together when we get outside and breathe and smell and move and see. The stresses of the day seem to ebb away when we 're walking through our local landscape. We are very lucky and live within walking distance of a fabulous beach and forest. Whether the sun is shining or the snow covers the ground, its all about enjoying nature's bounty. Much as I enjoy technology and I do believe it has a valid place within our society (thought thats a conversation for another day), nothing can replace the gorgeousness of being outside with the kids.(hopefully I'll be able to show you some of my bounty tomorrow night!!)

And so to today - who needs school when you've got the rockpools,  beach, meadows anda disused lifeboat station as your teacher! I was poking around in the wild flowers with my camera and didn't get a chance to capture on camera the little bunny family that Andrew and I saw through the trees. Maybe they were out for a walk too.

MONKEY BARS!

SOCIAL HISTORY
WEIGHT LIFTING


MARINE STUDIES
When I see the sun setting over the ocean I always ponder at the sheer magnificence of creation. This poem  i did for A level  reminds of it too.
by Gerard Manley Hopkins

The Windhover 
I CAUGHT this morning morning’s minion, king-
  dom of daylight’s dauphin, dapple-dawn-drawn Falcon, in his riding
  Of the rolling level underneath him steady air, and striding
High there, how he rung upon the rein of a wimpling wing
In his ecstasy! then off, off forth on swing,        5
  As a skate’s heel sweeps smooth on a bow-bend: the hurl and gliding
  Rebuffed the big wind. My heart in hiding
Stirred for a bird,—the achieve of; the mastery of the thing!
 
Brute beauty and valour and act, oh, air, pride, plume, here
  Buckle! AND the fire that breaks from thee then, a billion        10
Times told lovelier, more dangerous, O my chevalier!
 
  No wonder of it: shéer plód makes plough down sillion
Shine, and blue-bleak embers, ah my dear,
  Fall, gall themselves, and gash gold-vermillion.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post! Makes me miss Cahore and the beaches by Riverchapel (we live in the US now). It's lovely to visit the sea again through your photos and words. :)

    I've enjoyed reading your blog! I got here from SouleMama's.

    ReplyDelete