Thursday 21 April 2011

Missed one!!

There must be something about being a wildlife photographer, sitting all day waiting for the perfect shot, animal in action, bird in flight only to mistakenly blink or move and the moment is gone.I caught a tiny glimpse of that last night. The warm and sunny days have helped make our world full of life,laughter and fun. We've walked to the beach everynight, through the lush silent meadow and to our amazement found the long sandy stretch mostly deserted, apart from mussels, whelks, starfish and seagulls. Watching the still waters by dusk I sat on the sand , burying and stretching my feet in broken shells and listening to the birds chatter and call.
There was much climbing, feeling, poking and of course jumping. They've danced across the dunes while I have investigated the wild flowers and searched for samphire.  Of course I had the camera, to capture those kodak  moments. While I was snapping these something made me turn around and standing on the rocks above the beach watching us was a fox. Cool and erect he eyeballed me before slowly turning and disappearing once more. Where was the camera? In my hand.duh!!



No comments:

Post a Comment