Monday 18 April 2011

Vintage chic (I think so anyway)

Let me open a door for you. Its the door into Ems bedroom -   we've been doing a little rejigging. I'd done the walls in pink / white and a gorgeous Laura Ashley paper. Ems was well pleased with the result. A bit girly and a bit vintage - I made the lampshade with a bit of trim and some stick on motifs. The breadspread I adore. It belonged to my grandmother and it isn't actually a breadspread - its a curtain. I remember them hanging in her house when I was a little girl. It seems so perfect on Em's bed.
This is the wall above her desk. I painted in white - so pure and pristine but I thought it was well, too clean (!)

but then I remembered I had lots of paper samples both from Ems room and ours.Quickly I traced around the yellow butterfly on some of the samples, cut them out and now she has butterflies flying across her wall. There are a couple more but you can't see them in this pic.


Perfect for my little butterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment