Thursday 28 April 2011

Thrifty Thursday - bargain hunter


I do  love a bargain, I know thats not unusual but I also have a love of 1950's crockery and often the two most definitely do not go together. Vintage is huge here and so are the price tags.So, treasure is indeeed, just that. We only have charity/ thrift shops here, unfortunately yard -sales do not exist in Ireland. Everytime I get a chance and with a limit of £5 per item (maximum!) I hunt through the second hand shops.  Then, sometimes, very occasionally I have "the luck of the irish". As i did today. I was dropping off two bags of the kids clothes to my fave charity outlet and had a good nosy at the same time. These goodies came out with me!
JAJ Pyrex Meat Platter £2.00

JAJ Pyrex Autumn Gold veggie dish with lid £1.40 & huge ball of Sirdar wool for 59p!!! (one hr scarf, £8.99 retail)

  definitely a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment